Groundwater Resources and Hydrogeology of Crystalline-Rock Aquifers in Rockdale County, North-Central Georgia
Project Chief: Lester J. Williams
Cooperator: Rockdale County
Year started: 2001
Progress and Significant Results, 2001
- Compiled data on approximately 450 wells (primarily rural domestic) including field confirmation of well location, casing diameter, well yield, casing depth, total depth, and static/pumping water level.
- Obtained geophysical logs from 19 wells to characterize the lithology, fracture, and yield characteristics of various rock units throughout Rockdale County.
- Collected ground-water samples from three wells to characterize water quality.
- Completed detailed geologic mapping throughout much of Rockdale County and began subsurface correlation with geophysical log data; hydrogeologic units and storage capabilities are being compiled from these data.
- Identified likely high-yielding water-bearing zones/hydrogeologic units in several parts of Rockdale County.
- Currently compiling a geographic information system database to combine well data with existing geologic, topographic, hydrographic, and other geographic data.