AIR FORCE PLANT 6
- Data supporting the Georgia Water Plan
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Air Force Plant 6 Remediation Assistance Program
PROJECT PROGRESS REPORT-For the Period Ending: April 28, 2008
PROGRESS DURING QUARTER
- Offsite remediation-Ongoing tracer study at B4 area. Tracer detected in several downgradient wells
- Database management
- QW data-Steve Lawrence has taken lead entering all USGS analyses into USGS QWDATA database. Has completed "routine" network samples, and will begin entry of packer samples next.
- Geophysical database-Lester Williams has developed WEB interface for access of project data. Need to resolve database security issues and have review completed.
- Aquifer test data-Working on entering approved slug test data into GWSI.
Packer tests have been re-analyzed by Elliott Jones and submitted for review.
- WL data-QA/QC and entry of data for 8 wells. Data is being prepared for download to USGS ADAPs database. Jaime Painter has worked with Lester Williams to reformat well data for ADAPS entry. Data still needs to be corrected in ADAPS.
- Continued development of project web page. This will serve as a repository for geophysical, qw, and water-level data, and for published reports.
- Letter report to ASC describing all databases and data availability-Pending completion of other tasks.
- Monitoring well construction
- All retrofits completed with the exception of RW203-tentative plans are to complete RW203 before end of fiscal year.
- B4 Remediation evaluation monitoring
- B4 Water level network
REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
See attached table
- January 5th - Met with new Air Force program manager (Robin Stankoff), John Doepker (USAF), and Rob Darner (USGS-USAF liaison) to discuss current and planned USGS program at AFP6
- January 7th - AFP-6 partnering meeting. Lester Williams provided briefing on tracer study results.
PLANS FOR NEXT QUARTER
- Offsite remediation-Continue to monitor tracers near South Cobb Drive remediation area approximately every 5 weeks.
- Database management
- QW data-Complete entry of data into QWDATA. Includes packer data and passive diffusion sample data from Rottenwood Creek
- Geophysical database-Add flow meter, ATV, OTV data; prepare for web layout
- Aquifer test data archive-Ensure consistent with Gonthier report, add slug tests to USGS GWSI database
- WL data-Complete QA/QC of all data for 8-site network.
- Project WEB page-Complete initial development and go public before Partnering meeting on May 20th.
- B4 Remediation evaluation monitoring -No activity until September.
- B4 Water level network-Continue servicing network. Keep up to date on records processing.
- Continue progress on reports (see table)
- Partnering meeting, May 20th
|Gerard J. Gonthier
||Barometric efficiency estimates and the use of continuous data: USGS Scientific Investigations Report
||Approved and published
||Hydrogeology and distribution of volatile organic compounds in ground water near the at the B-90 area, with a review of previous investigations and methods of study during 1984-2001, U.S. Air Force Plant 6, Marietta, Georgia
||Under revision after returned from regional office
|Gonthier and Mayer
||Results of a constant-discharge pump test at well rw203, Air Force Plant 6, Marietta, Georgia, (month) 2003: USGS Scientific Investigations Report
||Revisons completed after project chief and GW specialist reviews. Will require additional technical review.
|Gonthier and Gregory
||Water quality and aquatic ecology of Rottenwood and Sope Creeks, Metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia, 2002-2003: USGS Scientific Investigations Report
||B. Gregory has completed his portion; awaiting Gonthier changes. To be reviewed by Clarke next.
|Williams, Gonthier, Jones, Stewart
||Hydrogeology and Characterization of Plume Movement in the B-4 Area, U.S. Air Force Plant No. 6, Marietta, Georgia
||On hold until FY2009
|Gonthier and Williams
||Distribution of volatile organic compounds in Rottenwood Creek and nearby streams, U.S. Air Force Plant 6, Marietta, Georgia,
||In preparation—Girard has nearly completed his part, outline reviewed by JSC, awaiting contribution from Lester Williams
|Lawrence & Stewart
||GROUND-WATER QUALITY DATA AND TRENDS IN THE B-4 AREA, AIR FORCE PLANT 6, MARIETTA, GA, 1998 TO 2007
|Straddle Packer Papers
||DESIGN, OPERATION, AND DEVELOPMENT OF A BOREHOLE STRADDLE PACKER FOR ISOLATION, GROUND-WATER SAMPLE COLLECTION, AND HYDRAULIC TESTING OF DISCRETE DISCONTINUITIES IN TRICHLOROETHENE-CONTAMINATED CRYSTALLINE ROCK
||Reviews by Leeth and Williams incorporated into report. Being sent to Kristen McSwain for outside review and Michael Peck for internal review
|Clarke, Jones, Williams, Waddell
||HYDRAULIC PROPERTIES, HEAD, AND WATER QUALITY OF FRACTURED CRYSTALLINE ROCK IN DISCRETE BOREHOLE INTERVALS, B4 AREA, AIR FORCE PLANT 6, MARIETTA, GEORGIA, 1998-2006
||In preparation. Hydraulic tests sent out for colleague review.
|Stewart, Waddell, Lawrence
||Characterization of water quality & biogeochemistry
||On hold until FY2009