LOWER ACF BASIN
- Data supporting the Georgia Water Plan
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Hydrogeologic Assessment and Simulation of Stream-Aquifer Relations in the Lower Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin
Progress and Significant Results, 2001
- Located 25 sites for test boring, geophysical logging, well drilling and installation, and aquifer testing; 23 sites were found suitable for drilling and aquifer testing (map, facing page).
- Compiled existing hydrogeologic information into digital form and assembled structure-contour maps of Upper Floridan aquifer and surficial units. Maps enabled development of hydrogeologic framework.
- Prepared well data for entry to Ground-Water Site Inventory (GWSI) database.
- Initiated development of graphical user interface (GUI) for processing data into model inputs and for depicting model results.
- Estimated ground-water contribution to streamflow for selected reaches during three periods of low flow during 1999–2000 using hydrograph separation techniques.