ABOUT THE GEORGIA
USGS IN YOUR STATE
USGS Water Science Centers are located in each state.
Learn About Water
- The USGS and Science Education - Online resources, including lessons, data, maps, and more, to support teaching, learning, education (K-12), and university-level inquiry and research.
- USGS Education Resources for Teachers (13.5 Mb PDF)—Curricular ideas, scientific data, maps, books, and other on-line resources to support earth science, biology, geography, and hydrology.
- Water Science for Schools—Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center where you can give opinions and test your water knowledge. Also in Spanish: La Ciencia del Agua para Escuelas and Chinese: 中文
- The Water Cycle—A complete and well illustrated overview of the water cycle. The diagram of the water cycle is available in over 60 languages; the water cycle summary in over 20 languages.
- Water Education Posters—Cartoon posters for grades K-12 on subjects of wetlands, water use, wastewater, navigation, ground water, and water quality
- USGS Science in your backyard: Georgia - Information and links about surface water, ground water, floods, droughts, earthquake, and mineral science in Georgia.
- USGS Recreation—Earth science gateway for a safer and more enjoyable outdoor experience.
Recreation on Public Lands in Georgia
- Volunteer for a Changing World—Informative sites for volunteering with the USGS and related science agencies.
Additional Environmental Education Sites